Met with Mr. Correra friends and afterwards enjoyed Espresso Martini, which is not really a martini at all. More a cold espresso coffee, sugar, coffee liqueur and vodka but thoroughly enjoyed sipping it in the land of Romeo & Juliet.
Gourmande Jayne version after many attempts at home…
Note* Add the coffee last.
Shake the mixture if you want that creamy looking top
- Chill your Martini glasses (2)
- Make 100 ml sugar syrup.
- 50 ml water. 100 ml filtered water. Boil. Allow to completely cool
- Get out your cocktail shaker
- Add 1 Tbs of cold sugar syrup
- Handful of frappe ( crushed ice) 100 ml of vodka, 50 ml Kahlua
- Shake like mad
- Add the coffee last and shake a bit more
- Strain into martini glasses and garnish with 3 coffee beans
I almost missed my train after this and then almost missed my stop. Drink this when you are out for the night in a bar or at home. Not on the move!