Its January and I’m cutting back on meat and also embracing dry January. Whatever next!
Here is a lovely and very tasty, warm winter salad. Lots of vitamins and vegetable protein, just add a run around the park.
Roast Butternut squash with lentils and dolcelatte
A hearty vegetarian salad of dolcelatte, lentils and warm butternut squash.
- 1 large butternut squash unpeeled, halved lengthways, deseeded and cut into 1cm half moons. By all means buy already prepared from the stores. Much easier
- 6 small red onions cut into 3cm wedges
- 3 tablespoon olive oil plus extra to drizzle.
- 10g sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt.
- 235g puy lentils
- The zest and juice from 1 large lemon.
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 5g parsley freshly chopped
- 5g mint roughly chopped
- 10 tarragon roughly chopped
- 100g dolcelatte roughly chopped
Heat oven to 220c. Place the squash and onions in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of oil, the sage, ¾ tsp of salt and plenty of black pepper. Mix well and spread onto a baking tray and roast for about 25/30 mins until tender and starting to caramelise. Cool for 10 minutes.
Put the lentils in a large bowl. Stir in the lemon zest and juice, garlic, herbs, 1 tablespoon of oil and ¼ teaspoon of fine salt. Add the roasted squash and onions stir gently. Transfer to serving bowl and crumble the dolcelatte over the top. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
Very colourful and super tasty.
Linda Jayne x