This is a delightful wholesome breakfast. Really set you up for the day.
- 1 medium onion, chopped into small squares
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into small squares
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil for frying
- Fry the chopped onion, garlic and red pepper in a large frying pan. Keep stirring until soft and translucent
- Add in 2 tins of tomatoes, stir
- Add the seasoning, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper
- Season to taste
- Reduce to a low heat for 10 minutes.
- To add the eggs, make as many holes in the mixture as you have eggs. Crack the eggs into the holes and put a lid on the mixture.
- Allow around 8 minutes for the eggs to poach
Serve with crusty bread, fresh orange juice and a pot of tea. I like to put a clove in my black tea to add to the flavours.